tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Crine <lcr...@linagora.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat5.5 roll over standard output daily
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:18:15 GMT
Hi,

David is right.

You have to handle this file some other ways :
1- Using logrotate (assuming you're on linux)
2- Pipe the file to cronolog, rotatelogs, ...
3- using the crontab (assuming you're on linux)

The second solution may be dangerous because cronolog or rotatelogs open
  some descriptors and so you can not restart tomcat from ssh command
from another computer.

Lionel