tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat - threads / throughput limits?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 16:04:25 GMT
It doesn't answer your question in general, but I increased mine from
300 to 900 threads on a dual-processor, dual-core machine, and saw
significantly increased throughput with short, simple requests.  I
didn't try any in-between settings, though, so I don't know if there
might be a sweet spot somewhere between those settings, and I don't know
if going higher would help or not, because the setting it's at right now
handles the full load with no waiting.