tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.14 and UTF-8 POST form problem
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:28:03 GMT
Yigal Lazarev wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm deploying a JSF WAR onto Tomcat 6.0.14 under Windows 2003 with JVM
> version 1.6.0_03-b05, and using MySQL db.
> When I submit a form using POST method, and in the server side take the
> fields and send them as an email using JavaMail- i lose the UTF-8 encoded
> characters sent in the form.
> I suspect it's something with the Tomcat configuration because it does not
> happen when I deploy to Sun Application Server 8.2
> And another thing, UTF-8 characters hardcoded in the sending email method
> are sent just fine.

Shalom Yigal,

all your efforts are useless. Just do the following thing and you'll be

open up the server.xml

search for the Connector node which works for HTTP and add the attribute
restart tomcat and go on using:

String string = request.getParamter("name");

that's it. Works perfectly here.

Some reference for you:'s+URI+encoding

<NO> OOXML - Say NO To Microsoft Office broken standard

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message