tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Roger Parkinson <ro...@senanque.co.nz>
Subject Re: serving files through SSL
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:52:21 GMT
I'm opening the PDF in a new window (as the javascript shows) so what I
see for the dynamic pdf is:
1) the new window (empty)
2) the download progress dialog
3) an error dialog referring the file name with the message 'cannot
write the file to the cache'

On the static PDF I don't see 2 or 3 and the new window has the PDF
displayed.
(I' using the terms dynamic and static as referred to in my initial
question, ie static is the PDF in the war file that always works and
dynamic is the one fetched from outside the war file by a servlet and
this is the one with the problem).

I did search on that cache message and all the solutions told me to
either upgrade my browser from 5.5 (I'm using 6), change the browser
config, or set the cache headers that seem to be already set. It was
when I realised that the static PDF was always just fine that I
concluded that the problem did not need to be solved at the browser end.

Thanks for your help
Roger