tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Using tomcat as proxy server
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 07:52:16 GMT
Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
> HI,
>
> Can you please tell me where can i find documentation for setting up
> Tomcat as a proxy server?

Tomcat is in many ways an excellent server, it is however primarily a
Servlet Container and not directly comparable to other applications,
like, say, Apache HTTPD.

If you have complex requirements like acting as a Proxy Server, you are
probably better off using Apache HTTPD, which has a specific module for
such things.

> And how can I return a local file in http response if the url ends with '.mp3'?

Umm, place an MP3 file in a publicly accessible place on the file system?

(Tomcat version, Java version, OS please)