tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat & Static Content
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:17:20 GMT
Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any good references on how to use Tomcat as a
> web server? I currently use Tomcat behind an apache
> server and thinking removing the Apache server but I
> do not know if Tomcat would make a good web server. I
> use PHP with Apache and need to be able to continue to
> use that and a some blog software.

Tomcat makes an excellent web server, however it's not ideal for use
with PHP.  There are a couple of ways to make PHP work - Google will
provide some clues, if other list members who know more don't add to this.

> I also do not know how secure Tomcat is compared to
> Apache.

It's secure, read the security section of the docs.

http://tomcat.apache.org/

(You didn't indicate which version of Tomcat, Java or OS you are using,
please do so when you reply).