tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk - answers from appsrv often changes 'content-type' from text/xml to text/plain
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:20:41 GMT
OK, this looks like you really are having the flush before headers problem.

I guess, by "Strange" you don't mean your status 500. That's something I
didn't go into. I only checked the headers and where they come from.

In your case it seems the correct headers get received after the flush.
So there is a chance, that having only the mod_jk side of the fix helps,
even without the Tomcat fix. Without the mod_jk fix, any flush before
the headers flush default httpd headers (status 200, text/plain etc.).

You can find a development snapshot of mod_jk 1.2.26-dev on

http://people.apache.org/~rjung/mod_jk-dev/

You need to build those yourself. The build works exactly like for an
official release. There might be some bugs inside this snapshot
concerning virtual hosts, but if you don't use any in your apache httpd,
the code should be fine, especially for a development system.

Please report your findings back, since several other people faced the
same or related issues.

Regards,

Rainer