tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Vilardi" <gvila...@recurrentsoft.com>
Subject Re: What do I do with a heap dump? (OOM Permgen)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:39:51 GMT
On 1 Nov 2007 at 18:32, Gabe Wong wrote:
> Greg Vilardi wrote:
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > My team and I are trying to develop a new web application and the
> > tomcat JVM is crashing every few days. We are deploying our separate
> > versions of the application several times per hour, and by looking at
> Please elaborate, are you undeploying the same application, then
> redeploying several times per hour,
> are are you deploying several instances of the same application per
> hour.
>
> I am also assuming these are hot deploys (without shutting down the app
> server)?

Each of us uses our own sandbox directory that is linked into the
tomcat/webapps directory. We use make for our build management, and run
'make install' to copy the JSPs and jar files into the webapp
directory. Since Tomcat is set to dynamically look for new files, we
don't actually ever undeploy the application directly. Each developer
rebuilds their web application several times per hour into their own
sandbox. You assume correctly that weare not shutting down tomcat as
part of each deployment.

Thanks,
	-Greg
--
Gregory H. Vilardi    631-752-2701x240     gvilardi@recurrentsoft.com
Project Manager / Lead Software Engineer           Fax: (631)752-3397