tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk - answers from appsrv often changes 'content-type' from text/xml to text/plain
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:38:04 GMT
Hi,

there is a known problem in the AJP connector related to flush actions
done by the webapp before the response headers were sent. The problem
was fixed by patches on both sides. Fpr mod_jk we ignore flushes if they
come too early. This code is already in our subversion code repository
and will be released as part of version 1.2.26.

On the Tomcat side there is a fix for the AJP connector to not send out
the flush, until the headers got sent. The fix is

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk/java/org/apache/jk/core/MsgContext.java?view=diff&r1=580814&r2=580815&pathrev=580815

and was done on October 1rst. The upcoming TC 6.0.15 will include the
fix, and any new TC 5.5 we release. For 5.5 there is no release in sight
yet. You can apply the patch yourself though (and build) or build
directly ffrom a subversion HEAD.

Can you reproduce the problem easily, also on a test system? If so, I
would be interested in a JK logfile made with "JkLogLevel trace".

Using that I could check, if your problem really is the same, as the
above described.

Regards,

Rainer