tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <>
Subject Re: Can't Modify or Delete Files Running Tomcat on Vista
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:48:58 GMT
Jenna wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm pretty new to Tomcat and I just installed it on my Windows Vista machine using the
Windows installer. I did the same thing on my XP machine previously and had no problems. I
am able to start Tomcat and run my applications, however, I am not able to modify or delete
any of the files in any of the Tomcat directories. I keep getting an error that says "You
need permission to perform this action." I am setup as the administrator on my computer. I
tried disabling user account control in Vista but that did not help. I also copied the file
msvcr71.dll from my jre bin folder to Tomcat's bin folder as I heard that was necessary on
Vista but it did not help me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you.
> Jenna

Sorry that is a Vista problem (err I mean security feature :)) and not a
Tomcat problem.
Some solutions from the Web:

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
Application server installation and configuration AUTOMATION

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message