tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael <sg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Usage of ContainerServlet
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:10:46 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:
>[...]
> So, you have several options. My personal recommendation (and the only
> option I'll cover) is a do-it-yourself approach. Working with Tomcat
> internals is tedious and you are likely to lock yourself into a
> particular version of Tomcat because the APIs are not necessarily fixed.
>[Solution...]

Hi Christopher,

thank you for your very elaborated explanation. Your manual approach
matches to 90 %+ to my approach besides the direct manipulation.
I didn't like the direct manipulation anyway. My boss and a coworker
pushed me to investigate how this can me done in the manager-app manner.

my basic idea was some hashmap woth appcreated/sessioncreated listener
anyway:

1. create a hashmap and put into app context
2. session created, check in map and do filtering

basically the same you proposed.

Thanks again,

Mike
--
<NO> OOXML - Say NO To Microsoft Office broken standard
http://www.noooxml.org