tomcat-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject running! a servlet at tomcat startup
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:32:01 GMT
This issue is a classic one already I think. I've googled it and haven't found anything that
could help solving this problem. I'm probably not the one to think about this but...if you
would add the  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> to a servlet, and from the
init() method you would somehow try to call the doGet() method, wouldn't that do it? wouldn't
that run the servlet at startup?  did anybody try this already? I am trying to do this but
I'm having some problem creating HttpServletRequest and Response objects so I can call doGet().
So if anyone did this already, pls let me know how this issue can be fixed! 10x a lot!