tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat performance questions
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:05:49 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Tomcat 6.0.14 with java 1.6.0_02 on Windows
2000 professional.

I am wondering what is the best parser to use for this
configuration? The one with java 1.6.0_02?

Also, what is the best way to monitor performance? I
am using the logs and they are only 15msec resolution.
I am surprised the Tomcat design uses timers with that
resolution even when microsecond resoltion is
advertised. Why not use the nanosecond timers that
were added with jvm 1.5+ ? Please add resolution to
6.0.15.

Regards,
-Tony