tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Feuer" <adamfeu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat hangs on writing JSP page to socket
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:14:03 GMT
On Nov 28, 2007 11:03 AM, Jim Cox <shakahshakah@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I've noticed similar behavior, but in my case it is easy to
> reproduce:
>  1. use a browser to request a long-running and/or
> large-page-producing web page ;
>  2. abort the page load before it is done.
> At that point I see the HTTP response thread blocked writing to the
> (now closed) socket, with it timing out TCP-wise in about 8 min
> (Solaris box, Tomcat 5.0.19, JDK 1.4.2_13).

Jim,

We tried to reproduce the problem yesterday using this technique, after some
research showed others with that problem- stopping the page load while a
page is downloading doesn't cause problems on our systems, though. The
symptoms are similar- except that in our case, the user experiencing the
problem has to wait minutes for the page to load.

-adam
--
Adam Feuer
adamfeuer1 at gmail dot com