tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:21:27 GMT
> From: Andrew R Feller [mailto:afelle1@lsu.edu]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue
>
> Hrmmmm, the -cp command-line parameter will include the JARs within
> Tomcat's System classloader, correct?

Slight terminology correction: strictly speaking, it's the JVM's system
classloader, not Tomcat's.

> it is not until the web application invokes the
> initialize/login/commit methods

The above is confusing me; why is the application fiddling around with
the login modules?  They're intended to be used by the container
(Tomcat), not webapps.  This apparent violation of the intent of the
servlet spec would seem to be the cause of the log4j issues.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.