tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6.0.x Classloader sequence
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:14:20 GMT
> From: uma_rk@comcast.net [mailto:uma_rk@comcast.net]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6.0.x Classloader sequence
>
> Even if I place the jarfiles in a common path, they will be
> loaded by the webapp classloader right?

Correct - I was under the impression that's what you wanted.  Doing
otherwise may introduce webapp interdependencies that complicate
reloading individual webapps.

> I would like to load the common jarfiles using commons
> classloader and yet not mix the jarfiles with the "system"
> libraries in ${CATALINA_BASE}/lib.

Then just edit conf/catalina.properties to include the desired directory
on the common.loader line.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.