tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat in production
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:53:19 GMT
> From: Lionel Crine [mailto:lcrine@linagora.com]
> Subject: Re: tomcat in production
>
> My tomcat serves static content without APR.
> is there a big performance increase serving static pages with
> APR enabled ?

I suspect the previous posts on this subject are slightly confused.
AFAIK, APR doesn't know or care about the type of content - it's simply
a more efficient mechanism for keeping multiple connections open
simultaneously without tying up a thread for each.  It also reduces the
CPU time used to deliver both static and dynamic content, but I haven't
seen any numbers yet to compare it with the current pure Java NIO
connector.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.