tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Heap out of memory error
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:22:35 GMT
> From: Bob Riaz [mailto:briaz@mum.edu]
> Subject: Heap out of memory error
>
> From time to time I have come across this error in the Tomcat logs:

If you're running Tomcat as a Windows service, use the tomcat6w.exe
program to set initial and maximum heap sizes.  If you're not running as
a service, set JAVA_OPTS to include the -Xms and -Xmx parameters.

And when you need something to put yourself to sleep, browse through
this:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/gc/index.jsp

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.