tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Has anyone managed to run TC from a CD?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 03:33:49 GMT
> From: Albretch Mueller [mailto:lbrtchx@gmail.com]
> Subject: Has anyone managed to run TC from a CD?
>
>  The relatively minor thing I stumble on was changing the scratchdir
> setting for the work folder to be out of the CD directory branch,
> which, I think, would only need some "sourcing"  and some recompiling

You shouldn't need to make any changes to Tomcat - just set the
java.io.tmpdir system property, and the workDir attributes for <Host>
(and <Context>, if needed) before launching Tomcat.  Also insure that
the <Host> attribute unpackWARs is false.  You'll probably need to build
a server.xml before starting Tomcat, and pass its location via the
-config parameter.

However, I haven't actually tried the above...

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.