tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Crosley <stevencros...@mac.com>
Subject log4j error
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 00:00:48 GMT
I'm getting the following error when Tomcat 6.0.14 starts up, and
after the the server starts up, I no longer get any messages logged to
catalina.out.  Can someone tell me what I am doing that is causing
this error?

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" object is not
assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.Appender" variable.
log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.Appender" was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@cbf30e]
whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender" was loaded by
[WebappClassLoader
   delegate: false
   repositories:
     /WEB-INF/classes/
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@cbf30e
].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "CONSOLE".

Here are the contents of the log4j.properties file in ROOT/WEB-INF/
classes:

log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p
[%c{1}:%L] %m%n

Thanks,
Steven