tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: running! a servlet at tomcat startup
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:44:33 GMT
I can see why you might want to load on startup, but the ability to actually perform a get
when there is not client makes no sense at all to me. What exactly are you planning to achieve
by doing such a thing?

Wade

----- Original Message ----
From: loredana loredana <loredana888888@yahoo.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Monday, November 5, 2007 3:32:01 AM
Subject: running! a servlet at tomcat startup

This issue is a classic one already I think. I've googled it and
 haven't found anything that could help solving this problem. I'm probably not
 the one to think about this but...if you would add the
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> to a servlet, and from the init() method
you
 would somehow try to call the doGet() method, wouldn't that do it?
 wouldn't that run the servlet at startup?  did anybody try this already? I am
 trying to do this but I'm having some problem creating
 HttpServletRequest and Response objects so I can call doGet(). So if anyone did this
 already, pls let me know how this issue can be fixed! 10x a lot!