tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clifford Bryant" <CBry...@edgewater.com>
Subject RE: JConsole port
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:54:35 GMT
Did you look at the following link?

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jconsole.html

As I remember, there are 4 environment variables that you need to define
when you start up the JVM.  Once JConsole is started, you can connect to
the running process.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jess Holle [mailto:jessh@ptc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JConsole port

Yup.

David kerber wrote:
> I guess the deafening silence in response to this question must mean
> that there's no standard port, and I can use any port I feel like...

> David kerber wrote:
>> Is there a standard (either de facto or formal) port to use for jmx
>> when monitoring a tomcat app with jconsole?  If so, what is it?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication may contain
information that is protected from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Edgewater Technology by
telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete the communication from all e-mail files.