tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Clifford Bryant" <CBry...@edgewater.com>
Subject RE: Clustering Tomcat with multiple machines
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 17:04:54 GMT
Here are some links that I used to cluster 2 machines.

http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CASUM/Clustering+CAS
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html

Basically, you need to set up multicast on your network, so that the
machines can share session information.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Crosley [mailto:stevencrosley@mac.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 12:00 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Clustering Tomcat with multiple machines

Hi,

I've been scouring the web for documentation regarding clustering
Tomcat on 3 machines.  The only documentation I can find contains
information about clustering 3 instances of Tomcat on the same machine.

Can anyone tell me what exactly would need to be changed in order to
use Tomcat on 3 machines instead of 3 instances on 1 machine?

Thanks,
Steven

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  This communication may contain
information that is protected from disclosure by applicable law.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify Edgewater Technology by
telephone at (781) 246-3343 and delete the communication from all e-mail files.