tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kristian Rink <krist...@zimmer428.net>
Subject [OT] webdav client libraries for Java?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 11:54:32 GMT

Folks;

sorry for the OT: Being into building a WebDAV enabled application
based on tomcat, I am so far trying to find a way how to
programmatically interact with the WebDAV using some kind of Java
webdav library - but which one? As far as I have seen so far, there is
next to no working, up-to-date Java WebDAV client library:

- Jakarta Slide seems to have been retired a while ago, the jackrabbit
implementation doesn't provide a _generic_ webdav client.

- commons-vfs has webdav supported as "sandbox" component for quite
some aeons by now it seems.

- SkunkDAV just doesn't work, constantly throwing NPEs, and it's rather
old (2001) either.

So... does anyone of the kind, wise people out here know a better way
how to interact with a WebDAV server from within a Java application? Is
there any way how to programmatically access, modify, add, remove files
from/to WebDAV without manually crafting a WebDAV client on my own on
top of some HTTP client lib?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Kristian

--