tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew R Feller" <afel...@lsu.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:05:36 GMT
Thanks Gregor for the help!  We were able to get the issue resolved by removing the DB2 driver
jar from the web application and keeping it in Tomcat's lib directory, which is picked up
by the common classloader.  The issue stemmed from having the driver in both the common and
webapp lib directories.

Once again, thank you for the effort!

Andrew R Feller, Analyst
Subversion Administrator
University Information Systems
Louisiana State University
afelle1@lsu.edu
(office) 225.578.3737
-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 9:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat DB2 JDBC issue

Hi Andrew,

I've just checked the DB2-JDBC-Drivers:

You'll need two files:

1. db2jcc_license_cu.jar
2. db2jcc.jar

Both files should be somewhere on your copy of DB2 or you should be
able to download them via the IBM-website.
If you're running Db2 on OS390/zOS, you'll need a certain APAR first -
the DB2-docs should give you some information here.

Copy those files to $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib

Then, create your data-pool in your context.xml-file of the application:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context>
  <Resource
    auth="Container"
    description="DB Connection for..."
    name="jdbc/IndexYOUR_DS_NAME"
    type="javax.sql.DataSource"
    factory="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory"
    driverClassName="com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver"
    username="YOUR_USER
    password="YOUR_PASSWORD"
    maxIdle="30"
    maxWait="10000"
    maxActive="10"
    validationQuery="SELECT 1"
    testOnBorrow="true"
    testWhileIdle="true"
    timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="10000"
    minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="28800"
    poolPreparedStatements="true"
    removeAbandoned="true"
    removeAbandonedTimeout="300"
    logAbandoned="false"/>
</Context>

Don't know if "validationQuery="SELECT 1" works for DB2 - if not,
replace it with a working one.

Cheers

Gregor