tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kristin Coles" <kristin.co...@gmail.com>
Subject How to disable Session Persistence in Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 00:22:37 GMT
Hi guys,

I know that there have been quite a few threads on this list that
relate to the same subject. I have tried the following advice but none
helped.

# Tomcat\conf\context.xml
<Context>
    <Manager pathname="" />
</Context>

# Tomcat\conf\server.xml (version 1)
		<Host name="cas" appBase="webapps\cas"
			unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
			xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
expireSessionsOnShutdown="true">
			<Context path="" docBase="">
				<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
					debug="0"
					saveOnRestart="false"
					maxActiveSessions="-1"
					minIdleSwap="-1"
					maxIdleSwap="-1"
					maxIdleBackup="-1">
					<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"
						directory="logs/sessions" />
				 </Manager>
		 </Context>
		</Host>

# Tomcat\conf\server.xml (version 2)
		<Host name="cas" appBase="webapps\cas"
			unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
			xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
expireSessionsOnShutdown="true">
			<Context path="" docBase="">
				<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
					debug="0" pathname ="">
				 </Manager>
		 </Context>
		</Host>

I have deployed and configured CAS (Central Authentication Service for
Single Sign-On) as as web application on Tomcat. However, while using
CAS, I've found that the user who was logged in before the Tomcat
restart, is still logged in after the Tomcat restart.

Can anyone here please help resolve this issue!!!

Thank you,
Kristin