tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mfs <farhan.sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat Clustering Support - Without any load balancer like component in the front
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 23:13:10 GMT

Guys,

Pretty basic question, given this is my time experience on clustering where
i am trying to use tomcat 6 clustering support.
So basically i wanted to know if enabling the tomcat 6 clustering would be
of any use without having a load-balancer in the front (something like
mod_jk) ? well my understanding so far is that we have to have some
component in the front (which tomcat i assume doesn't provide...right ?) for
either load-balancing or fail-over scenarios...

Thanks in advance and REgards,

Farhan.