tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mip <m...@planchant.co.uk>
Subject Tomcat 5.5, Apache 2.0.XX and mod_proxy
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:43:15 GMT

I'm trying to proxy my Tomcat web application through Apache 2.0 using
mod_proxy.

I have uncommented the following in my server.xml:

<!-- Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8082 -->
    <!-- See proxy documentation for more information about using this. -->
    <Connector port="8082"
               enableLookups="false"
               proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

and I've added the following to my httpd.conf:

      <VirtualHost *:80>
              ServerName foo.bar.com
              ProxyPass  /  http://foobar.com:8082/app/
              ProxyPassReverse  /  http://foobar.com:8082/app/
      </VirtualHost>

The pages are being passed without any problems but the sessions are being
lost as cookies are not being passed. I'm guessing I need to add something
to the above stanza which rewrite the cookies. But what?