tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ashish Parikh <Ashish.Par...@CompuCredit.com>
Subject connector threads issue
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:02:30 GMT

Hello,

We are using jboss as container for a high volume webservice engine
platform. We use http connector for request to come into the jboss. All our
transactoins are very shortlived on average less than a second.

Noticed couple of times that current busy thread cont just incrementally
goes up and server becomes unresponsive when it reaches max threads. However
while this happened i verified that there is no service that is slow
responding or anything of that sort.

The thread count just incrementally went up through the day. I noticed
thread count stats for the day through our monitoring solution we have.

What could cause the threads not to clear from jboss?
Jboss version: 4.0.4
JVM: 1.4.2