tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From peri <ersoyperi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: I got the following error message when I try to start tomcat in Eclipse
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 22:43:43 GMT

I look  at server.xml. It is written like that :

<Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User database that can
be updated and saved" /> 
- <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
- <parameter>
  <name>factory</name> 
  <value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value> 
  </parameter>
- <parameter>
  <name>pathname</name> 
  <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value> 
  </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

As you see factory and path name are described in Resource Param tag. And
also there is "-" sign in Resource Param and parameter tags. Is it okay, or
shuld I change like your description?
Thank you very much
Perihan



mgainty wrote:
> 
> display UserDatabase entry from $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
> 
> it should look something like
>     <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>               type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
>               description="User database that can be updated and saved"
>              
> factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"
>               pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
> 
> M--
> ----- Original Message -----
> Wrom: LHPQQWOYIYZUNNYCGPKYLEJGDGVCJVTLB
> To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
> Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 3:27 PM
> Subject: I got the following error message when I try to start tomcat in
> Eclipse
> 
> 
>>
>> Hi,
>> I try to start tomcat  version 4.1 in eclipse version 3.3.0. I use Windos
>> Vista operating system. I installed launcher plug-in so i can start and
> stop
>> tomcat for eclipse. I use JDK 1.4.16  by the way.
>> When I try to start tomcat in eclipse I got the following error:
>> (P.S. I used tomcat 4.1 in windows XP before and i didn't get this error)
>>
>> GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Exception processing Global JNDI
> Resources
>> javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot rename original file to C:\Program
>> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 4.1\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
>> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:799)
>> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:135)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal(Namin
> gContextBindingsEnumeration.java:121)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next(NamingContextBinding
> sEnumeration.java:80)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Glo
> balResourcesLifecycleListener.java:157)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans(Glo
> balResourcesLifecycleListener.java:128)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent(G
> lobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:96)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
> t.java:120)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2206)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:459)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:346)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:130)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:151)
>> Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
>> Apache Tomcat/4.1.36-LE-jdk14
>> javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot rename original file to C:\Program
>> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 4.1\conf\tomcat-users.xml.old
>> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:799)
>> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:148)
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:220
> )
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:311)
>> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2213)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:459)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:346)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:130)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:151)
>> Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found
>> under
>> key UserDatabase
>> LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under key
> UserDatabase
>> at
>>
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:227
> )
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1133)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:311)
>> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2213)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:459)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:346)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:130)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:151)
>> Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone
>> Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  Coyote connector has not been started
>> LifecycleException:  Coyote connector has not been started
>> at
>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.stop(CoyoteConnector.java:1382)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:499)
>> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2248)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:490)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:346)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:130)
>> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39
> )
>> at
>>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> java:25)
>> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:151)
>>
>>
>> Can anybody help me to solve this problem
>> Thank you very much
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/I-got-the-following-error-message-when-I-try-to-start-
> tomcat-in-Eclipse-tf4748298.html#a13577447
>> Sent from the Tomcat - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/I-got-the-following-error-message-when-I-try-to-start-tomcat-in-Eclipse-tf4748298.html#a13578695
Sent from the Tomcat - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message