tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject "Loader constraint violation"
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:54:42 GMT
Env: Jre6, Tomcat 6.0.14, Redhat

Pl help: when I invoke a JSP on the server, I get the following exception.
I have a copy if xml-apis.jar in my webapp; I tried moving it to ${CATALINA_BASE}/lib -
that fixed this problem but failed the webapp as it could not parse my tlds.

How do I identify the root cause of this problem?

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving interface method "javax.servlet.jsp.JspApplicationContext.getExpressionFactory()Ljavax/el/ExpressionFactory;"
the class loader (instance of org/apache/jasper/servlet/JasperLoader) of the current class,
org/apache/jsp/index_jsp, and the class loader (instance of org/apache/catalina/loader/StandardClassLoader)
for resolved class, javax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext, have different Class objects
for the type javax/el/ExpressionFactory used in the signature

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message