tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Problems with a web application running a PHP script
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:32:51 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocco Scappatura" <Rocco.Scappatura@sttspa.it>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: Problems with a web application running a PHP script

>> Firstly dont worry too much about the Tomcat Native library message, that
>> is not the cause of the problem.
>
> OK. For the moment I will ignore it as suggested by Chuck.
>
>> OK, so now you have the new Tomcat installed.
>>
>> + Tell netbeans to use it.... Go to TOOLS - > SERVER MANAGER and show
>> netbeans where the new Tomcat is.
>
> I have added the TC 5.5.25 (The one I have installed) as J2EE platform.
>
>> LOOK at the JRE in the NB 5.17 version of TC is using, it may be pointing
>> at your JDK, not the JRE.
>> When you install the new TC, make sure when it asks you that you point at
>> the same one.
>> ie you can have JRE 5 on the machine and TC can be told to use JDK 6....
>> check that.
>
> I have installed:
>
> - jdk 1.5.0.13
> - jre 1.5.0.13 --> jre 1.6.0.02
>
> In NB, Java platform is set for both TC is 'JDK 1.5 (Default)' whose
> folder path is 'C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.5.0_13' (i.e.: The installation
> path for the jdk 1.5.0.13 that I have installed.)

As Chuck mentioned , this script class is in 1.6 so you need to either
change the environment variable or if from service set it to 1.6.
Then there is just one other thing, in NB right click->properties->source...
Check the source level...
ie you can be running on 1.6 but still tell NB to make it 1.5... which will
also snooker you ;)