tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Auke Noppe" <>
Subject Tomcat and ClassLoaders
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:47:39 GMT

I have an application that uses the embedded version of tomcat.

In my classpath I have some jars that are the same as the webapp I deploy in

Now the problem is, that the webapp uses the jars from the classpath of the
‘root’ application and not the jars that the webapp has in his
classpath(e.g. libs dir). How can I prevent the webapplication from using
the jars from the ‘root’ application?

I tried to start the program and tomcat with different classloaders, but
nothing changed.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.