tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: running! a servlet at tomcat startup
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:16:17 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
----- Original Message -----
From: "Grzegorz Borkowski" <grzegorzborkowski@o2.pl>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: running! a servlet at tomcat startup

> Johnny Kewl wrote:

>> HARBOR: http://coolharbor.100free.com/index.htm
>> Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@kewlstuff.co.za>

>>> request.getContextPath() and from init() method i can't "retrieve" those
>>> values. 10x a lot anyway.
>>> ===================================
>>> Ah, I see now...
>>> Yes parsing context.xml is too much hassle..
>>>
>>> Heres an idea...
>>> When someone drops a WAR in, the context always takes on the webapp
>>> name.
>>> ie for most apps... webapp name = context
>>> So try this...
>>>        ServletContext context = getServletContext();
>>>        String sWebBase = context.getRealPath("/");
>>
>> MEL just told me that    context.getServletContextName()
>>
>> is easier ;)
>
> Be careful! AFAIK, getServletContextName() returns "display-name" value,
> not real context name - please check API!
Thanks.... MEL is blushing ;)

Yes and the way I suggested will give you an extra context/build/web
in the dev environment... so parsing gets a little tricky... unless of
course all you really looking for in the web base folder.

OK, now I'm officially wondering... if one cant get at Request... is there a
better way
to find the name of the web-app/context?