tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: running! a servlet at tomcat startup
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 10:18:38 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
----- Original Message -----
From: "loredana loredana" <loredana888888@yahoo.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: running! a servlet at tomcat startup

thanks for the response johnny. That's probably the only way it can be
done.. Unfortunatelly for me, I need variables like request.getContextPath()
and from init() method i can't "retrieve" those values. 10x a lot anyway.
===================================
Ah, I see now...
Yes parsing context.xml is too much hassle..

Heres an idea...
When someone drops a WAR in, the context always takes on the webapp name.
ie for most apps... webapp name = context
So try this...
        ServletContext context = getServletContext();
        String sWebBase = context.getRealPath("/");

Than last folder is the context name...
Some String parsing and you got it ;)

Good luck