tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: mod_proxy or mod_jk?
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:13:57 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rocco Scappatura" <Rocco.Scappatura@sttspa.it>
To: <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 3:20 AM
Subject: mod_proxy or mod_jk?

You need to post your config files for real help...
I think everyone is tired of arguing the differences... just google for
that.
I like mod_jk just because its worked on by Tomcat developers and thus the
focus is very much on Tomcat.

Here a tip to get you going...
This works on TC 5.5

put this in your servlet.xml file

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
<!--  Added this for JK THIS-->
  <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" append="true"
forwardAll="false" modJk="Path/To/mod_jk.so" />
    </Host>

Start Tomcat.... it will generate the mod_jk.conf file under
Tomcat/conf/auto
In the apache httpd.cong file... somewhere near the bottom...
add
# I added this for connector ======
Include "Path/To/Tomcat 5.5/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf"

That will make apache front end tomcat...

Then just study those files...
It generates all the core stuff... all the JKMounts folder protection etc
for all your webapps.

Then you can edit as required... add aliases etc.

Load sharing is different again... but the generated file comes in handy
there as well.
Remember that everytime you start tomcat this is generated... so remove the
listener if you dont want it to change, or copy it and point apache at that.

Have fun...