tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Schadler Johann" <aon.913111...@aon.at>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 - Virtualhost - context configuration for the zero path
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:31:28 GMT
We usually use Tomcat instances without Apache connector and we could do
this without problems with Tomcat 4.x until now by defining a docBase to the
path="" in a context located in the server.xml. (Usually we configure
virtualhosts for a service with the default path "" - no additional context
must be entered by the user).

In Tomcat 5.5 (we didn't use Tomcat 5.0, so I don't know if there are
similiar changes) there seems to be only one possibility to configure a
context with path "": to rename the WAR file to "ROOT.war" and place it in
the appBase of the virtualhost.

The expected equivalent to configure the ""-path explicitly seems not to
work. I tried to create the file:

<CATALINA_BASE>/conf/<EngineName>/<HostName>/ROOT.xml as follows: