tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Problems with a web application running a PHP script
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 15:02:09 GMT

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server

Hi Rocco, listen I'm learning something here as well, I didnt even know Java
6 has a built in scripting engine.

I cant solve your coding problem, but I can show you how to fix it yourself.

Firstly dont worry too much about the Tomcat Native library message, that is
not the cause of the problem.
That is telling you that you are missing the tcnative-1.dll file, and what
that does is make it run faster with sockets that work in C.
I imagine you have unzipped and installed it yourself, I think if you on
windows... if you get the Installer Version... then just running setup does
all this stuff and gives you a windows service as well, installs the native
libs and all that good stuff..... so remove that installation and do that,
much easier.
OR... download tcnative-1.dll yourself and install it in the one of the
locations, make sure its the right one for the version you usiing... too
much hassle ;)

When you install the new application make sure Netbeans is not running.

OK, so now you have the new Tomcat installed.

+ Tell netbeans to use it.... Go to TOOLS - > SERVER MANAGER and show
netbeans where the new Tomcat is.
LOOK at the JRE in the NB 5.17 version of TC is using, it may be pointing at
your JDK, not the JRE.
When you install the new TC, make sure when it asks you that you point at
the same one.
ie you can have JRE 5 on the machine and TC can be told to use JDK 6....
check that.

Now in your application project, if your RIGHT CLICK -> RUN you will see you
can tell it to use the new TC in that application.
Now when you run it, it will probably take you to the line of code that is
causing the problem....
You can swap between different tomcats and experiment.

When you work in NB, you can start and stop the tomcats from the RUN tab,
you can only have one running at a time.
Before you deploy to the new tomcat, in NB RUN tab.... UNDEPLOY the
application, and stop that TC.... because otherwise even if you drop the WAR
into tomcat.... it will still look at the application in NB....

NB does not have to use the embedded TC....
Have fun....