tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Start tomcat without Connector
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 01:55:23 GMT
For Parameters, just include them in the query string, or the request body,
and Tomcat will do it's thing with them.  For request Attributes, just set
them on the coyoteRequest, and they will be picked up.

"Auke Noppe" <auketomcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:000001c81619$59032170$0b096450$@com...
Yes, is a kind of mock testing. But I have to instantiate a session, because
I donít use a browser to access my instance of tomcat. My app just uses some
tomcat files to process jsp's and Servlets.
But, when my app is started, the manager is still null. (e.g. I get a NPE
when I call context.manager())
Maybe I have to instantiate the manager by hand, but I'll try that first.

Now I'm trying to add some parameters to the request, e.g. username and
password. And then I call the cookie, created by the app. (it should work
nicer ;-))

Auke

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] Namens Bill Barker
Verzonden: woensdag 24 oktober 2007 3:41
Aan: users@tomcat.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: Start tomcat without Connector

Nope, this won't work.  The Request needs to be mapped before TC knows how
to find the Session.

After the Context is started, it should have a Manager (if you haven't
explicitly configured one).  I'm guessing that you are doing some sort of
Mock unit testing, and you want the Session configured before you run your
test.  In that case, you want something like (after you call start):
    Manager manager = context.getManager();
    Session session = manager.createSession("MySessionId");
    manager.add(session);
    HttpSession hsession = session.getSession();
    hsession.setAttribute(foo, bar);

"Auke Noppe" <auketomcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I have the app working. But I want to set some attributes on the session
(like a user). Does anyone knows how I can get to the HttpSession? I tried
to create a org.apache.catalina.connector.Request via
connector.createRequest() and invoke the request.getSession() method, but I
always receive null from the request. The manager of the context is empty I
found out. Should it not be instantiated/set during startup?

I there another way to get a reference of a HttpSession?

Regards,

Auke