tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arun <arun.george.1...@gmail.com>
Subject Authorization on Apache Tomcat the J2ee Way.
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 07:22:46 GMT
Hi,
I have a tomcat 6 installed. I have a running webapplication . I need to
implement a role based access control. How can I combine servers caabilities
so that I can use the request.getPrincipal() method ... I also have  a list
of roles and groups and who all are assigned what all roles/groups in db.
Now its time to implement an access control mechanism. I do not want Basic
authentication with a popup. I will be logging in by a normal html sign in
form, with a username and password field. Once that is done everything
should be the J2EE way. The roles for that user should get added to the
request and I can use it for authorization.

--
Thanks
Arun George