tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gaurav Pruthi" <>
Subject ROOT directory in webapps
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:46:47 GMT

I am new to Tomcat. I have configured apache with Tomcat 6.014 using mod_jk.
Below is my Tomcat Virtual Host created in server.xml file

<Host name="" appBase="webapps/"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
prefix="" suffix=".log" pattern="common"

Here the directory is "webapps/". If i put a sample page
index.jsp in it. It doesn't get executed. But if i create a directory under
"webapps/" and then move index.jsp file in ROOT directory, it
gets executed.

I have not mentioned about ROOT directory anywhere but still tomcat looks
for file in ROOT folder.

webapps/                     Page not Executed in
webapps/           Page Executed in Browser

How can I avoid creating of additional directory i.e. ROOT.

Gaurav Pruthi