tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Artur Rataj" <arturra...@gmail.com>
Subject Why DefaultServlet listing does not work
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:05:32 GMT
Hello. I have the following servlet definition:

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>Listings</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Listings</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/listings</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

It did say resource not available until I created a directory `listings' in the
application directory. Then it become to show an empty directory listing.
I then created various files in the directory, but the directory listing
was still empty, even after page reload. What did I wrong?

Best regards,
Artur