tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Tchijov <and...@tchijov.com>
Subject Re: Using RequestDispatcher.include() outside of Request/Response cycle.
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:52:37 GMT
There is no any "<% ... %>" in the audit jsp.  Below is one simple
example of such file:

<%@ include file="/common/all.include.jsp" %>

<c:if test="${ audit != null }" >
	<log:info msg="${ audit.event } : ${ audit.userName }" />

	<security:login loginName="${ audit.userName }" event="$
{ audit.event }" sessionId="${ audit.sessionId }" />
</c:if>

"audit" is a hashtable  object in session. it has all information
needed ( "event" - login|logout| .... , "userName", "sessionId" ).
<security:login> is a custom tag which does not have any <% ... %> in
it either just some <sql:...> tags.

This is actually what made me go this way. With ability to define new
tags using JSP (taglib) it is truly possible to have "java-less" JSP
application.  Audit is the only spot which required some java coding,
with this JSPAudit valve I can code it once  and then delegate all
actual audit business logic to JSP writer.