tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Doust <rdo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk for OS X PPC
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:37:13 GMT
Alex,

QuadG5:native jboss$ ./configure CFLAGS='arch ppc64' APXSLDFLAGS='arch
ppc64' --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

.
.
.
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I also tried ppc_64. I'm looking for the right value now.
I looked in the configure.log file and did a man on gcc and came to
the understanding that:

Ah, okay, -arch ppc64 is a valid parameter to the compiler, so I did:

./configure cflags='-arch ppc64' APXSLDFLAGS='-arch ppc64' --with-
apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

and that made some makefiles which I then used to compile mod_jk.so.

Now I'm dealing with some apache configuration parameters in my old
config that are apparently no longer valid (AddModule). I'll take it
from here.
Thanks an awful lot for the help!

This also explains why the old mod_jk.so generated the same error.
It's looking at 32-bit vs. 64-bit before it gets to the api.

Richard