tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Doust <rdo...@mac.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk for OS X PPC
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:30:13 GMT
Chris,
I just read this on Apple's website:

Mac OS X Tiger breaks the limitations of 32-bit computing and allows
developers to create command-line applications, servers, and
computation engines that can work with mind-blowing amounts of memory.
Previous versions of Mac OS X have been able to take advantage of more
than 4GB of system memory when running on a G5-equipped Mac, but each
application was still subject to the 4GB limit imposed by a 32-bit
address space. Tiger obliterates that restriction and allows
applications to access a 64-bit address space when running on the
PowerPC G5. Better yet, this support comes with no compromise in the
ability to run current 32-bit applications.

So, it seems that at least the 64-bit part of Alex's post could be on
the right track?

Thanks,
Richard