tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marlin Pierce <mpie...@opnet.com>
Subject Re: FindClass org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap failed
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 14:10:35 GMT
At 10:05 AM 10/5/2007, Marlin Pierce wrote:
> > From: Marlin Pierce [mailto:mpierce@opnet.com]
> > Subject: FindClass org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap failed
> >
> > I downloaded and ran the Tomcat 6.0.14 Windows Service Installer.
>
>The .exe download does not include any of the very useful scripts,
>unfortunately.  You might try removing the one you installed, and then
>download and install the .zip version, which does include the scripts.
>After you've verified basic operation via startup.bat and shutdown.bat,
>then run service.bat to create the Windows service.  You can access the
>service attributes with the tomcat6w.exe program.
>
>  - Chuck

I downloaded the zip file, followed the instructions, and startup.bat
gave the following in stdout

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02

but the web server was not running.  Another shell window did open,
but it closed right away.

There is no other TCP service using port 8080, but there is an Apache
2.2 web server using port 80.

Marlin W. Pierce
Software Engineer