tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting default webapp
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:27:34 GMT
On 10/1/07, David kerber <dckerber@verizon.net> wrote:

> We're not in full production, but have a dozen or so beta-test sites
> that we'd rather not jerk around since they have already tolerated some
> glitches during testing.

A one-time change of bookmarks wouldn't seem that big a deal,
considering it *is* a beta deployment, but whatever.

For performance reasons, you'd be better off redirecting a few
people from the old location to ROOT than everyone else from
ROOT to your named webapp for the life of the application...

> surprised that we never thought of it before, and that nobody had
> mentioned it either, because it's pretty obvious in hindsight.

Uh, well. yeah. :-)