tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Len Popp" <>
Subject Re: Turning off jsessionid
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:03:06 GMT
On 10/26/07, Christopher Schultz <> wrote:
> Ken,
> Ken Bowen wrote:
> > Is there a way to tell Tomcat to never rewrite urls?  I.e., to never add
> > jsessid ?
> Do you want to completely disable sessions, or just always require cookies?

If the site doesn't need to use sessions at all, make sure the app
never calls request.getSession() and put <%@page session="false"%> in
all the JSPs.

> This post from July 2004 includes a suggestion for a workaround when you
> /really/ don't want url rewriting to ever occur:

and here's another link with code snippets:

Keep in mind that if you go this route, your site will require users
to have session cookies enabled.

> I'm not sure why you'd ever want to do this, though. I'd love to hear
> your reason for doing it, though.

Actually, you have heard a reason for it before. :-)

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message