tomcat-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject request.getRemoteuser returns null
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:55:43 GMT
I'll try to make this as short and clear as I can. I have an instalation of Apache 2.2.6 and
tomcat 6.0.14. On the apache side we have instaled the kerberos mod for authentication. that
one is installed ok, we have a php file that prints out the headers and remoteuser has the
correct value. I am trying to do the same thing for a jsp file in tomcat(I want the request.getParameter
to return the login name of the user logged in). Now as I remember, for tomcat in server.xml
in conf, by setting the tomcatAuthentication="false" for the AJP1.3 connector the getRemoteUser
should return the user authenticated through Apache, right? still, my request.getRemoteuser
returns null. So what am I doing wrong or what else needs configuring?

10x in advance