tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: JDBC Realm with case insensitive user name
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:06:26 GMT
Peter -- cool it.  As quoted from the OP below:

>I tried this approach but get class not found exceptions, I am using
>tomcat6 in development and 5.5 in production. I package this
>class in
>a jar and drop it in the $CATALENA_BASE/server/lib folder.

Tim Funk actually (and correctly) asked the OP to read the docs.  I
would add that the dev system should be on the same version as the
production system.  To cross versions like this between development and
production is counter-productive.  $CATALINA_BASE/server/lib works for
5.5, but not for 6.  In tomcat 6, it should be $CATALINA_BASE/lib by
default.

--David